GOTCHA

Author Topic: [MC] Memory Lane  (Read 16297 times)

Offline [MC] Sgt. D

• [MC] Clan Leader
  • [MC] Clan Council
  • 2nd Lieutenant
Re: [MC] Memory Lane
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2015, 02:06:29 PM »
Wow!  those maps and names bring back a lot of memories!  Glad to see you still kicking about.  Thanks for sharing those vids too!
Respectfully,

[MC] Sgt. D
[MC] Clan Leader

Offline tatsumaru

• Latrine Digger
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2015, 02:20:13 PM »
Thanks D, it's good to see you still running the show :)

So many memories back on CoD, especially on the [MC] server! I've kept all those videos as a reminder of the good ol' days.

Offline [MC] GENBortlett

• [MC] Crew Member
  • Latrine Digger
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2016, 12:23:59 PM »
i remember when we all used to play d day on mohaa i loved that map

Offline [MC] Sgt. D

• [MC] Clan Leader
  • [MC] Clan Council
  • 2nd Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2016, 08:19:11 PM »
Omaha Beach was always a fun map to play regardless of which side you were on.  Some crazy times back when the servers were full and that map came up in the rotation!
Respectfully,

[MC] Sgt. D
[MC] Clan Leader

Offline jax468

• Latrine Digger
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2016, 02:55:57 PM »
Anybody else get chills hearing this again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cvM6YrWC7I

Offline Nitrox

• Lance Corporal
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2016, 11:53:04 PM »
Hey Everyone!  I can tell I'm getting old, cause reading this thread almost brings me to tears for remembering all my old friends who I do not get to speak to any longer. 
I know that [MC] was the best clan that ever was.  Not because we always won in tournaments and all of our players were expert level or better, if that were the case I would have never been allowed to wear the tag.  The reason that we were and are the best is because after OVER a decade later we are still coming back on the forum and looking up our old buddies, almost as if we saw real action and sat in real foxholes.  Those real friendships made us the tight knight group that would cause us to wear that [MC] tag with pride.  It means so much more than just a video game with picked up at Walmart or whatever.

I know that I went thru real things with my buddies I hung out with.  nForce was a very close knit group.  We helped each other through tough life experiences, I look back on how my online buddies were closer in many ways than friends that I have in real life.  I can't explain it, but its true.

See how sentimental I have become in my old age?!  Soon I was will be sitting alone in a rocking chair at the retirement home talking to myself.  And when they ask me what I'm talking about, I'll tell them they will never understand unless the happen to wear the [MC] tag in front of their handle.

Speaking of memories.  How many of you remember the program we used to speak to each other before we had TeamSpeak.  It was called Roger Wilco, and it was roughly akin to speaking into a tin can with a string attached to it.  Anyone?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 02:32:28 PM by Nitrox »

Offline [MC] Sgt. D

• [MC] Clan Leader
  • [MC] Clan Council
  • 2nd Lieutenant
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2016, 12:19:00 AM »
True words there Sir! 

There are times when I come and visit the site here that I truly feel like a WWII vet.  Back when I was in the Navy I had on many occasion chances to speak with vet from the war and I always found it to be rather inspirational.  Amazing times they lived through.  We of [MC] may not have been dodging real bullets but the friendships and time we made here were just as amazing if you ask me.

Roger Wilco (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Wilco_(software)) I remember it well.  I was ever so glad when we upgraded to TeamSpeak.

Good to hear from you Nitrox!  I hope life is treating you and yours well.  One of these days I'll have to see if I can get you back in uniform, even if just here on the forums.   ;D
Respectfully,

[MC] Sgt. D
[MC] Clan Leader

Offline [MC] AllStyle

• AkA [MC]Wild Bill ... Much love MOHAA Crew
  • [MC] Crew Member
  • Gunnery Sergeant
  • Check me out on PS4. PSN AllStyle
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2016, 06:54:34 PM »
Wow just took that walk down memory lane and really missed the old days.

I remember being part of nForce. Being the TC was fantastic I had tons of great set ups.

I remember playing a scrimmage nForce vs Specops. We on nForce gave them a hell of a game, they won but not by much

I remember Sgt. D and his shotgun omg he was dangerous.

I remember when being part of a squad was like being part of a family and in turn made the clan a family.

I also remember being a member when there was only 23 people in the clan and seeing it grow to 1000 plus members and over 12 squads

And I remember playing MOHAA as Wild Bill and always acting like a fool lol but in it all this clan has given me the greatest memory's in my gaming and real life.
From MOHAA Crew to MC gamers I wouldent trade any of those memory's for anything in the world.

Thank you [MC]

Offline Grenade Magnet

• Master Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2016, 11:33:48 PM »
So many memories spending my early teen years here and into my early 20s. Too many to list both the overwhelming good and the sporadic rough times but this is and always will be where my online gaming home will be. Coming back here, randomly, makes me miss those times we had together from my recruiter's (Rocket) wife deciding to have her baby at the exact time of my tryout to leaving for another clan- I miss you all.

I'm in NYC now working as a cyber security analyst for a major gaming company so it looks like things have kinda come full circle over 15 years later.

Take care guys and may your aim always be true. May you always see your enemies before he sees you (stuff I cant remember)..... Part of the brotherhood, we who are a part of the MC Crew!

Grenade Magnet out
Grenade!!! Take Cover!!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 11:39:44 PM by Grenade Magnet »
Grenade!!! Take Cover!!
"Then did he raise on high, the holy hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this O' Lord, that with it we mayest know the cook time and that with it we mayest blow thine enemies to pieces, in thy mercy!"

Xbox Live: Grenadia
Steam: Grenade_Magnet558

Offline [MC] MuadDib

• [MC] Server Administrator
  • Master Gunnery Sergeant
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2017, 06:24:16 PM »
Hey GM, I'm in NYC as well!  Moved here in 2013. Started in UWS but moved to Harlem for more space since we had a kid on the way. Where are you?

Offline Killa$

• 1st Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2017, 03:12:13 PM »
NYC is becoming popular! Im out in long island but went to school in NYC and I work for the NYPD in queens.

Offline Madcat

• Latrine Digger
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2017, 04:40:27 PM »
Well I'm glad this place is still going!

Must be 13 or 14 years since I signed up. Literal half a life ago. :'( Miss the old CoD days!

Offline [MC]Lightning4300

• [MC] Crew Member
  • Latrine Digger
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2017, 07:23:01 AM »
Well hello Y'all,

This has been quite some time. I've just dug up some of my old email and it turns out i signed up to MC about 13 years ago, give or take a couple of days on this exact moment of writing ;).
i have so many good memories! I Joined MC because my best mate was joining. It was one of the most fun things we did together and believe it or not, but squall is still my best mate! don't know how he puts up with me though ;).
Here's a couple of my most treasured memories
I remember the Minefield jumping competition, Who could get the furtest. WE had a BLAST.
Not to forget, here is the sprayfest champion for 2004 i think it was. nothing beats a PPSH on Harbor :D
The race we did on United offensive was epic too. And not to forget every single pratice evening or skirm evening with the grenadiers squad. It truly was a great time with all of you!
It would be great if we could all have a bout of Cod 1 :D

Kind regards,

[MC]Lightning4300

You looked a bit out of uniform there Sir so I took care of that for ya! ~D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 07:59:32 AM by [MC] Sgt. D »

Offline [MC] Sgt. D

• [MC] Clan Leader
  • [MC] Clan Council
  • 2nd Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2017, 08:03:20 AM »
Lightning!  Good to hear from you Sir.  Give Squall my regards as well the next time you see him.

Funny you should mention COD 1 as I was just thinking about it yesterday.  I always did love the maps on that one!  Pretty certain I have some images floating around my hard drive still for the jeep races.  That was so much fun and we laughed so hard on TS during that event! 

I do have the MOHAA Server for a month and I am pretty certain it can be changed over to a COD server if we like.  I'll have to find my discs but I think I know where they are.  I wonder how many others would like to play some original COD?
Respectfully,

[MC] Sgt. D
[MC] Clan Leader

Offline [MC]Lightning4300

• [MC] Crew Member
  • Latrine Digger
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2017, 09:27:50 AM »
Hey Sgt D,

Really glad to find out you're still around sir!
Squall is probably reading this, so he might drop by to say hi himself!
Do you know if SFX is still around? i remember going to his place together with Squall to try and help out on the COD servers. he lived/lives in our home town.

Anyway, with regards to the server. it would be really great if we can get some people up and running! i bought the whole old school pack a couple of months back and they are still running some servers. So if it's possible i'll help out if i can. Would be good to see if we can get some of the old guys back to have a few bouts! I saw B-Byte was still on here too, he might be in for a little skirmish :D.

Kind regards,

[MC]Lightning.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:17:48 AM by [MC]Lightning4300 »

Offline Squall

• Gunnery Sergeant
  • Squall
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2017, 09:40:15 AM »
Omg..like Lightning can read my mind that I would reply and say Hi myself. O wait no, he send me a Message 5 minutes ago!  :P
So...Hi!

Anyway, I received some MOH:AA spam e-mails over the last few days so I couldnt resist dropping by.
I was never a MOH:AA kind of guy; my history starts with CoD.
So relating to your question sgt. D: count me in for a CoD event!
Would be fun screaming out loud on Teamspeak again and spraying some digital bullets around in Carentan!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 09:42:20 AM by Squall »
Squall

Offline [MC] Sgt. D

• [MC] Clan Leader
  • [MC] Clan Council
  • 2nd Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2017, 12:36:43 PM »
Not certain about SFX, though he did make the last MOH:AA day we had...I have the bullet holes to prove it!  Try giving Polymorph a ping as I know he was also friends with Michael in real life so he might know.  Poly was here on the forums just last week or so.

Well the server is currently located in New York, not sure what kind of ping time you gents would have but I am certainly up to rolling the server over to COD for a spell after the MOH:AA event.

Hey Sgt D,

Really glad to find out you're still around sir!
Squall is probably reading this, so he might drop by to say hi himself!
Do you know if SFX is still around? i remember going to his place together with Squall to try and help out on the COD servers. he lived/lives in our home town.

Anyway, with regards to the server. it would be really great if we can get some people up and running! i bought the whole old school pack a couple of months back and they are still running some servers. So if it's possible i'll help out if i can. Would be good to see if we can get some of the old guys back to have a few bouts! I saw B-Byte was still on here too, he might be in for a little skirmish :D.

Kind regards,

[MC]Lightning.
Respectfully,

[MC] Sgt. D
[MC] Clan Leader

Offline [MC] Sgt. D

• [MC] Clan Leader
  • [MC] Clan Council
  • 2nd Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2017, 12:39:23 PM »
Squall!  Good to hear from you!!  Glad to know you're still kicking about.  As I mentioned to Lightning, I've no issues with flipping the server to COD 1 and doing some lead swapping.  I'll be sure to add some COD spam to your in-box in the very near future.  Hope life has been treating you well Sir!

Omg..like Lightning can read my mind that I would reply and say Hi myself. O wait no, he send me a Message 5 minutes ago!  :P
So...Hi!

Anyway, I received some MOH:AA spam e-mails over the last few days so I couldnt resist dropping by.
I was never a MOH:AA kind of guy; my history starts with CoD.
So relating to your question sgt. D: count me in for a CoD event!
Would be fun screaming out loud on Teamspeak again and spraying some digital bullets around in Carentan!
Respectfully,

[MC] Sgt. D
[MC] Clan Leader

Offline [MC] Sgt. D

• [MC] Clan Leader
  • [MC] Clan Council
  • 2nd Lieutenant
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2017, 02:31:09 PM »
OMG I have to admit I just read this and had a great laugh!

Some early recruiting by D  ;D

[MC] Clan Offering a Free Trip with Enlistment!

SgtD
10-06-2003, 06:26 PM
Ever wanted to see the sights of Europe? Have an interest to travel to far off places? Well, then enlist with the [MC] Clan and that's exactly what you'll get!! Travel the roadways of Europe including France and Germany. Vistit such far off places as Stalingrad and Berlin! Do you have what it takes to grab this great chance at seeing the world?

Visit our office at http://cod.mcgamers.com and fill out an application to day. Why wait?!?

Are YOU ready to answer The Call of Duty?

(A Free M1 Garande to the first 100 people to responde issued upon enlistment. Hurry now, recruiters are standing by)

Respectfully,

[MC] Sgt. D
[MC] Gamers (Formerly "The Mohaa Crew")
Click the following and visit our site:
http://cod.mcgamers.com/images/CoD_Title_small.jpg (http://cod.mcgamers.com/)

That was 11 almost 12  years ago,lol
Respectfully,

[MC] Sgt. D
[MC] Clan Leader

Offline CaptCaffeine

• Latrine Digger
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2018, 01:54:29 PM »
Hi all -

Capt. Caffeine returning here after 14 years. I found this site the other day as [MC] crossed my mind. So great to see so many of you posting here! This was my first clan experience and still the best.

I love that some of you found the Way Back Machine caches of the old squad lists. (Like this one: https://web.archive.org/web/20040102200259/http://www.mohaacrew.com:80/squads.html) And this one from Sept. 2002(!) when I was AntiFlag (I think Zombie helped me rename myself to Caffeine?) https://web.archive.org/web/20021019220637/http://www.mohaacrew.com:80/thecrew.html

Brings back so many memories of my time in dStroy and Special Ops doing training nights or matches and chatting on TeamSpeak. For some reason, I especially remember the Bridge and V2 maps. But most of all I remember the good people. In a time before YouTube and streaming and these huge game competitions, we were all just having fun and enjoying this game together. I was a teenager then, and [MC] was a big positive thing in my life. Shout out to Sgt. D, I Shot the Sheriff, Disgruntled Goat, CerealKiller, Stryker, @nn Landers, Zombie, J&SB Shiza, Headless Hessein, Up-In-Smoke, SFX, Nightfox, Major Malfunction, Rocket and anybody i missed. ...I should have never left!

So glad this is still here. Thanks for keeping this up, Sgt D!

-Andrew (aka Caffeine)